Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hello
Sep 3, 2005

Hello, my name is Nicole, and would to get in contact with you i read that youe are an expertice in HIV/AIDS, abd right know at the Celebration High School I'm working in my senior project. This project is really important for me since is a year long term project, and is about a topic i'm really interested on.My topic is about researching about HIV/AIDS,because I thoughtht it was really interesting since in concerns a lot of people. My purpose is to invesigate as much as I can about it and and the end have a mentor product that would be making a video and a brochure, so it can get to people. What I am really asking you for is for your help, and if you can be my mentor through the year so I can work on this project and have great results. And also if you can send me some information that could help me with this. My main concentration is on youth population, since I think they should be more aware of this disease. Thank you so much and I hope to get news from you soon. Nicole

Response from Dr. Wohl

Dear Nicole,

I am not sure how any of us can help you exactly. I would suggest you first try to meet with someone who is well informed regarding HIV close to where you live.

From what you write, it may not be a doctor who you need to talk to or act as a mentor for your project. A social worker, outreach worker, prevention counselor or nurse to name a few possibilities may also be an excellent resource for you.

I would start by finding out if there is an AIDS Service Organization near you. These are organizations that provide services for people living with HIV. Ask around at the Department of Health, search the internet, ask a teacher or librarian. Also, you need to do a literature search. Go to the CDC website (www.cdc.gov). The CDC is the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Search for HIV and you will find lots of statistics and info. This website also has plenty of basic data for you to read.

DW

Previous
belly fat and liposuction
Next
reduction of both cd4 %viral load

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.