hep c/ hiv pos?

Back in 1996 I was treated for hep c interferon and ribo after 6 months I was told it was gone. did this mean I was cured ? In 2004 I came up pos for hiv so during my readings I notice that coinfection of both is not good could lead to death quicker would I be consider coinfected or would that treatment I took in 1996 mean hep c is gone? all liver tests since then have been normal even now while Im on haart. thank you for all you guys do!

Thanks for your post and comment.

You're correct that patients who are dual infected with HCV and HIV are at higher risk of the complications of either disease.

If your HCV viral load is undetectable after all these years, I think it's safe to assume that HCV is gone. We'll tend to keep a close eye on patients like you, with a careful look at liver function tests and whatnot, just to be safe.

Good luck, good health. BY

medication isn't working
New Drug - PA - 457