am i leave the medication

I am HIV+ Woman which infected at 1995. I started medication in 1996 with AZT,3TC and Norvir.When starting medication, my CD4 count was 150 and Viral Load was 1.000.000. After 6 months, I left Norvir and continued with AZT and 3TC. I just getting Combivir until that time and never change medications. So i have been using combivir for 9 years. I never get sick at that time. My CD4 count is 1.000 and viral load is undetectable. I would like to ask that may leave the medication now. Is there any chance to be totaly clean from HIV viruse. Is it detectable?

It is difficut for many who now take Norvir in small doses to believe we used to use Norvir at high doses of 600 mg twice a day. This was awful and made people incredibly sick.

I have a few of patients like you who have done well on just Combivir. I also worry when I see them if I should add another medication. For those with high viral loads prior to therapy, I usually do. If available, Sustiva can be added. IF you have trouble with it, you can stop it and know that at least you tried. Even adding nelfinavir (Viracept) is an option.

Even though you are doing well on minimal therapy, you still have the virus. There has not been a case of eradication of HIV with HIV therapy. I bet if you stopped your Combivir, the viral load would become detectable within a couple of weeks.

Opinion on this regimen
HCV THerapy