Anion gap - changing the meds?

I am your regular reader from Poland. Thank you very much for all your answers to my questions given so far. I do appreciate it.

I've been on ATV, Norvir, 3TC, 4dt XR for 1 year.

I'm concerned with my anion gap. Now it is 23 mmol/l (Na+K)-(Chloride+Bicarbonate), caused by low Bicarbonate of 19.6 mmol/l.

I think that this is because of Zerit? Am I right? Should I really be afraid of my results or is it nothing to worry about?

Maybe it would be reasonable to replace Zerit with Tenofovir? What do you think? I would like to know your opinion before I talk to my doctor.

As always, thanks a lot in advance for your answer. Ralf

Thanks Ralf-

A small change in your bicarbonate is probably nothing to worry about, especially if your feeling well.

That said, if you have a decrease in your bicarbonate or increase in your lactic acid level (as suggested by your anion gap), then the potential culprit is likely to be d4T.

Following this, there are a number of small clinical studies that demonstrate reversal of elevated lactic acid levels by switching from d4T to tenofovir.

I hope this helps. BY

Can I wait a little bit longer?
Vl and T4 count