Vertigo and dizziness

Hi, Quick history. I had AIDS-related Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in 99 and again in '00. Then a stem cell transplant. So far so good with remission. However, off and on throughout my adult life I have had tinitis, vertigo and nausea. Since the chemo, I have had a few serious bouts, but more often, just general dizziness and balance issues--plus tinitis. The ENT doc can find nothing except a hearing loss. He says it is not Meniere's Syndrome. I'm on Reyatez, (booster) Norvir, Sustiva, and Viread. Could these exacerbate the condition(s) I am describing? Any advice?

Thanks. Thom

Thanks for your post.

Sorry, but I'm not aware of any significant risk of your symptoms that comes from the medications that you're taking for HIV.

Depending on the frequency of your bouts, it could be that you're simply prone to having infections or disequilibrium of your middle ear-- this is not uncommon and has nothing to do with HIV or medications, per se. If that's so, simple medications, like meclizine can be of significant symptomatic benefit.

Good luck, BY

Is this regimen fat friendly?
Frustrated about meds: Not tolerating Trizivir or Combivir