Undetectable but with KS

I was diagnosed in July 2003 with KS lesion. Viral load was about 11,000 and CD4 count around 550. I am 100% adherent to Epivir/Sustiva/Videx. Did I start too soon? KS seems to stay as it was...any idea(s) why?

Thanks for your post.

If you had Kaposi's sarcoma, irrespective of your CD4 count, it was time to begin treatment for HIV.

As for persistence of the KS lesion, it would be important to distinguish between an active KS skin lesion and scarring that results from the resolution of the active tumor. The former, while rare, can occur and frequently responds to other therapies (chemotherapy, surgical excision and the like). The later is not medically (though can be cosmetically) significant.

Lastly, how sure of the diagnosis of KS are you and your doctor? There are other skin lesions that can sometimes be confused with KS. Was the lesion biopsied? Is there "histopathological" confirmation of the diagnosis?

Hope this helps, BY

Timing of medicines
TB and HIV