study suggests DMG boosts CD4 count

Hi Experts,

This isn't really a question, more something I wanted to share with those who are living with HIV. I recently found this website http://www.bulkmsm.com/DMG/web12.htm regarding the use of DMG in HIV/AIDS. I have used DMG for a few years for disseminated herpes outbreaks. The benefits are almost immediate and the effects of the herpes is greatly diminished. I take large doses during outbreaks. The study, although admittedly not well cited, suggests that DMG boosts immune system by up to 300% it also talks about boosting CD4 counts. I thought this might be worthwhile information to share but leave it to your expertise on if this should be posted. I just know how much DMG has helped me. Disseminated herpes in not a walk in the park even on a good day. DMG does not replace other drug regimens, I have always taken it as a complimentary therapy. If you think this is appropriate can you post the site for others to check out. I wouldn't normally suggest anything except I know what a benefit it has been for me with a difficult and sometimes painful live in partner I have. Best wishes to all.

Here you go..

The website's data is terribly old without any updated information. While I don't doubt your claim of benefit, the CD4 count data and HIV benefit should be viewed with skepticism, given the lack of confirmatory and follow up data.

For our readers, this skepticism isn't because I don't want to believe that there might be new ways to treat HIV, but rather, that before you see me endorse "new" treatments (whether from big pharma or supplement pharma), I'd insist on the same burden of proof of safety and efficacy. Remember how we have been fooled by the "safety" of Vioxx or the drug interactions of St. Johns wort. BY

Side effects
Timing of medicines