|High VL. Should I start?
Aug 21, 2005
My CD4 is around 480 since march/2004. My VLs are: 153.000 (jan/2005), 93.500(feb/2005), 173.000 (jun/2005). Feeling well. Should I start medication?
Response from Dr. Pierone
With a CD4 count above 350 most authoritative guidelines would suggest that you wait, even though the viral load is on the high side. We are unsure of the proper time to start therapy, but the risk of waiting in your situation is quite low and this is accepted. The SMART study is comparing immediate to deferred therapy and is enrolling worldwide.
Are 3 drugs really needed to treat HIV???
Sustiva depression or..?
- Is Groin Pain A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Flu Symptoms After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vomiting After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
- 6 Months Hiv Test Was Nonreactive After Unprotected Oral Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.