Aug 16, 2005
Just a quick question wondering whether the panel had any thoughts on the recent report in The Lancet (August 13 issue) suggesting that a combination of Abbott Laboratories' Depakote (divalproex sodium) formulation of the drug and Roche's HIV entry inhibitor Fuzeon (enfuvirtide) - given on top of HAART - can reduce latent HIV infection by 75% in three of four patients tested. Could this be one effective way of purging dormant virus particles?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
Maybe. David Margolis, the lead investigator of this study, has relocated to my university in North Carolina and will be exploring this novel and exciting approach further. Trust me, there will be more to come.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Bumps Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Eyes After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.