|Antiacids and Reyataz
Aug 15, 2005
I used to be on Protonix before starting on Reyataz (among other meds), which of course required that Protonix be discontinued. I take Reyataz in the morning with food. I occasionally get acid reflux/heartburn at night and find that Tums works best. Is it OK to take Tums at least 5 hours before/after Reyataz?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
Hello and thanks for posting. Reyataz requires an acid environment in the stomach to be absorbed so taking an antacid 5 hours off would be no problem. Protonix (and other meds in its class like Prilosec and Nexium) reduce stomach acid for 24 hours and this is why they don't mix with Reyataz.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Night Sweats After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.