scared shittless

look i found out i am hiv+ well the doc started me on turvada and suvera( cant spell worth shit) dont know how i got it but i think it may of been in the milatary from my surgery or my unprotect sex back than in the 83 to 88( not all the time) i am married and my wife is neg after secound test why?? we been married 9 years i have never cheated on her. well what i want to know is what is the average life span??

It is difficult to answer how long a person with HIV can expect to live. There are many factors including where you live (is there access to all the HIV meds and HIV experts); your age, general health, addictions to alcohol/crack/fill in the blank and your ability to take care of yourself in your fight against this virus.

Much also depends on how damaged the immune system is. A person with an immune system that has been devastated by HIV has a greater challenge than one with a preserved immune system. The T-cell count (also called CD4 cell count) is a measure of immune system function.

However, even for those with low T-cell counts, powerful HIV therapies can offer the possibility of years if not decades of HIV-positive survival.

Talk to your doctor. He/she should help answer this tough question for you given your personal info.

As to why your wife is not infected. Luck. Plus, some people are more resistant to HIV infection than others. That said, I would not bank on it and would plan to use condoms, as I suspect you already are.

about Re-infection
AIDS exposure