Testim vs Androderm

I have been using Androderm 2x 2.5mg patches a day and getting good results. Initial Testosterone 296 1 month follow up 426. I mentioned to my physician that I didn't like to have to use patches (hairy individual) and shave areas for application. She prescribed me Testim 5g tube 1xdaily. Will this produce similar results? I am unsure of the correlation in dosage as I read that this is the lower level dose of Testim. Any insights? Rick

Rick- Thanks for your post.

In our experience, topical testosterone products, like Testim are very reasonable alternatives to the testosterone patches. Indeed, most patients prefer the topical to patch or injectable products.

The dose prescribed by your doctor should produce similar results to your Androderm, though anytime there's a switch in formulation, I'm attentive to the possibility of the need to adjust and/or monitor for any side effects.

So, in sum, switching should be fine and easier. Let your doctor know if the response is inadequate (or if it's ok for that matter).

Good luck, thanks for writing. BY

tb
Valproate