Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Testim vs Androderm
Aug 14, 2005

I have been using Androderm 2x 2.5mg patches a day and getting good results. Initial Testosterone 296 1 month follow up 426. I mentioned to my physician that I didn't like to have to use patches (hairy individual) and shave areas for application. She prescribed me Testim 5g tube 1xdaily. Will this produce similar results? I am unsure of the correlation in dosage as I read that this is the lower level dose of Testim. Any insights? Rick

Response from Dr. Young

Rick- Thanks for your post.

In our experience, topical testosterone products, like Testim are very reasonable alternatives to the testosterone patches. Indeed, most patients prefer the topical to patch or injectable products.

The dose prescribed by your doctor should produce similar results to your Androderm, though anytime there's a switch in formulation, I'm attentive to the possibility of the need to adjust and/or monitor for any side effects.

So, in sum, switching should be fine and easier. Let your doctor know if the response is inadequate (or if it's ok for that matter).

Good luck, thanks for writing. BY

Previous
tb
Next
Valproate

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.