lamivudine once a day ?

My friend decided to change his regime (combivir + viramune two times a day) to new meds once a day (also because of anemia and beginning of lipoatrophy after two years of combivir). We asked for Truvada + stocrin (once a day). Now he got the combination: stocrin + viread + lamivudine. We are worried because as we can read in the literature lamivudine has to be taken twice a day and not once a day. Did they make a mistake here? Why didn't they give him Truvada? Can you answer us please because he already started and we are very concerned about resistance if the lamivudine has to be taken twice and not once a day. Thank you very much.

Thanks for your post.

Lamivudine (3TC, Epivir) can be taken 300 mg once-a-day, or 150 mg twice-a-day. You're friend's prescription for lamivudine 300 mg once daily is fine.

As to why your friend did not receive Truvada (tenofovir+FTC), I can't say. The fact that you refer to efavirenz as Stocrin, tells me that you're somewhere in Europe. It's possible that Truvada is not yet available, perhaps that the doctor prefers the tenofovir + 3TC approach.

Either way, no need to worry about the once-daily 3TC, it has been extensively studied in the combo that your friend is taking. BY

reyataz and viread combo
drug holiday and Sculptra?