why not design antihiv virus?
Aug 10, 2005
hi..after checking and reading awful and more...it kinda of occur to me..since the hiv rna is convert to host's dna...why not develop another forms of virus in it rna form to infect the host and alter the new hiv DNA that hide in the host body? sort of antihiv vius type
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post and interest.
It'd be nice if it were as simple as this. Indeed, many of the gene therapy experimental strategies are a version of your proposal. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When You Get The Shingles Vaccine Can You Still Get An Outbreak?
- When You Get Herpes Does It Show Right Away?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
- What Antibiotics Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Risks Of Unprotected Sex With Inactive Herpes
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.