i HATE sustiva!!!

hi doc, i just started on epzicom and sustiva about 3 days ago. first time on meds. i hate sustiva, the damn thing makes me feel like i am on acid or crack or something. dizzy, pucky, see sick like feeling, kind of high in a very bad way. and then the worse thing is that i can not sleep and i can not stay awake. between the bed and the kitchen, all night. i am sure you heard all that before. my question is, is it really possible that those horrible side effects go away in 2 to 4 weeks? i would hate to suffer through one month of hell for nothing. i want to stay on it since it is once a day dose that goes with my epzicom and also the low probability rate for getting lipodystrophy, but man if this going to continue for a long time, i will lose it. no wonder some people are going crazy on that stuff. can not wait for your answer!

(5:49 am, in the sustiva hell)

Thanks for your post.

Sounds like you're having a pretty tough initial time with Sustiva.

Despite this, the large majority of persons have these symptoms fade away in the initial weeks of treatment. I wouldn't expect, nor want you to suffer for an entire month with this degree of side effects.

If your symptoms don't improve after a week or two, talk to your doctor. There are a number of other once-daily options that could be substituted if necessary.

Good luck, let us know how things turn out. BY

Pnumonia & surgury
choice