shiitake mushrooms

What do you know about claims that shiitake mushrooms are beneficial in the treatment of HIV infection. Regards Dennis

Dear Dennise,

I don't know much about any effects of these mushrooms on HIV. An internet search suggests that most claims are based on the presence of proteins, such as lentin, that are apparently in the shroom and can inhibit HIV enzymes in the test tube.

Clinical testing results, I can not find.

I love shitake mushrooms and even harbor fantasies of growing them my self... innoculating the logs, shocking them in a vat of cold water to stimulate their growth, harvesting the sprouts and selling them to local fine restaurants... ah, but then I wake up and realize that as romantic as selling these fungi seems, I should not quit my day job.

Likewise, despite my love for this mushroom, I can not advise you to stop eating them but I would not quit your real life HIV therapy.

crazy lab!
Missed Past Two Days of Treatment