|Can you get HIV just by living with a person who has it?
Aug 5, 2005
Can you get HIV just by living with a person that has it? My Aunt's son's friend used to live with them a couple of years ago. He now has HIV (he was just diagnosed this year). I don't know when he contracted it, hopefully it was after he moved out. Anyway since he used to live with my Aunt (even though they never had sex) does that mean she has HIV too?
| Response from Dr. Young
No, HIV isn't transmitted in the air, nor through door knobs.
You can't get HIV simply by living in the same house as someone who's HIV+.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Sharing Vibrators Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Are Genital Warts Deadly?
- How Long Does It Take Before Gonorrhea Causes Prostatitis?
- How Long Does It Take For The Results Of A Hepatitis B Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.