CD4 was 0 and VL WAS 350,000

Hi again,

Just a quickie....got my results back from July 7/2005 blood work. Started treatment in January 2005 with the above numbers and just got the results back stating that my VL is undetectable/CD% is 19% and absoulte is 100. Not sure about what the percentages mean but thought I would let everyone know debating about starting medication that it hasn't been a negative experience for myself so far. Thanks you so much again for answering my post Dr. Pierone it has really helped since my diagnosis having two great Doctors to talk to especially when I am living in an isolated community and don't have easy access to Doctors who have experience in this area. Canuck:)

In HIV medicine now one of our main concerns is medication-related side effects. As a result we spend a lot of time on the look out for toxicity or dealing with it. However, many people on therapy do really, really well with not a hint of problems. I think that this scenario will be more frequent in the future because of the ongoing incremental advances in HIV treatment options.

I am glad to hear that things are going well for you, thanks again for posting.

Truvada vs. Combivir
Discontinue meds?