Two doctors...two opinons

I have been on the same regime for the last ten years, Norvir, Fortovase, Zerit, and Epivir, with my most recent test results being a CD4 count of 1,054 and a non-detectable viral load. In the last month my physician left his practice and in my search for a new doctor, I heard from one that I should switch meds and another said that if the regime works for me there is no reason to switch. I would value your comments on their difference of opinion.

If you are happy on this regimen, have no side effects after years of exposure to them and can be nearly 100% adherent I can not argue strongly for switching.

d4T is a drug we have turned away from due to its toxicity. However, it is potent, as are your other meds. Peripheral neuropathy, high lipids (cholesterol, triglycerides) wasting of the fat of the face and limbs are all linked to d4T use. Don't have them? Great. If you decide to stay the course just make sure you get your lipids checked regularly and that you keep an eye out for the other side effects mentioned.

unsure
follow up to early intervention question