Jul 31, 2005
just recently had a complete blood panel ran from cbc to 24 hour urine but no hiv test just wondering if I had hiv my white cells or one of the test would come back high or low then I would have to get hiv tested. Havent had any risky before for 3 years and that was only unprotected sex once. oplease help worrying myself crazy
Response from Dr. Wohl
There is no routine test that can indicate for certain whether a person is HIV+ or not short of actual HIV testing. A low white blood cell count, especially a low lymphocyte component of this count, can indicate low CD4 cells but not always.
If you are not positive that you are negative, get tested.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- After Treatment For Trichomoniasis How Should You Wait To Have Sex
- Can You Use Cipro To Treat A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.