what do i do
Jul 30, 2005
i am curently seeing a patient who has chronic renal failure not yet on dialysis latest creatinine value 1900mmom/l,urea 46iu is it possible to start haart and how urgent answer needed in 24hhrs please
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Yes, it is entirely possible to treat persons with end-stage renal failure on dialysis. There are a number of antiretroviral medications that require dose modification (mostly nucleosides) and others, like NNRTIs and PIs that don't. Be aware that most fixed-dose combination pills are not recommended in renal failure because of the inability to adjust the dose.
We've treated many such patients over the years without significant difficulty. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Bumps On Penis Worried It Could Be AIDS
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Kissing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.