|PEP at double dose Please help!
Jul 29, 2005
HI Doctor, Im from India, Following a high risk encounter I was put on pep - odivir DDL+3TC+efv at double the prescribed dosage, i took this for a week, after a week I was added d4t stavoir again at double dose, is this ok, can I switch to teh regular dose without any problems or should i continue meds at this dosage, I mexperiencing no side effects. Many Thanks in advance
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
I'm not sure why you'd be put on double dose Odivir (ddI/3TC/efavirenz fixed-dose), nor why you should need double dose d4T. The medications should be highly effective in their usual doses and 200% dosing will likely only increase your chances of having toxicity. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Penis A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.