Is this reasonable?

Poz since 1987. On nearly continuous treatment thru the years. I've taken several drug holidays (once for 2 years) and seem to bounce back to undetectable and cd4's of 500 to 700 each time I restart ART. Currently doing a pti - and 2 months into it, my cd 4's are still at 600 and no viral load yet. Is it reasonable to wait for some indication of need for treatment or do we restart w/out major tcell or VLoad changes? My doc says "wait" I say "treat". He'll capitulate to my insistance - but I want to hope he's right and I can do without the drugs for an extended period. Your thoughts gentlemen?

Thanks for your post.

While there's little concrete guidance about when and how to do treatment interruptions, I'm with your doctor on this one. If you've been off meds for 2 months, there's little downside to staying off for a few more monitored months. BY

Whether to start therapy
PEP at double dose Please help!