re : I feel like i am changing

Hey Dr. Wohl - thanks for your reply - i appreciate it. I have the list of meds i take: 2 atazanavir sulfate 1 3TC 1 Tenofovir 1 Ritonavir

Honestly i dont know if any of these are AZT, or DD1 or the other drugs you said in your previous response. It was once explained to me what these drugs were, but it went thru one ear and out the other - i was too busy being very ill at the time to care - so basically i dont know what i am taking or how it effects me - what i do know is my CD4 is rising and my viral load is Undetectable. I am just wondering if any of these drugs would be responsible for the sudden drop in energy i feel after i take them.

regards, Patrick

Hi Patrick-

No, none of these are AZT or ddI. If your exam and blood work tunr out to be fine, what you may want to discuss with your doctor is an experiment. If she/he feels it is safe at this point to stop your meds for 2 weeks I would do so to see if these are the culprit. There is little risk to a one time cold turkey stop in your meds especially if you are undetectable for a few months.

If you are no better over the med break, it is likely something else. If you do notice improvement, then the trick will be to find which med(s) is doing this. Starting them one by one over a week again would carry little resistance risk and may identify the problem.

Lipitor
cmv/hiv