Jul 26, 2005
Hello doc and thanks in advance. I am going away for five days and i really don't wanna bring my meds with me(will be with lots of people). I am undetectable but only have 350 cd4.How bad could this little break be for me? Christina
Response from Dr. Young
Christina- Thanks for your post and question.
I wouldn't recommend taking a five day break from your medications. You'd run the risk of having low drug levels and therefore, developing drug resistance. Given this, I'd have to suggest that the convenience of not taking your medications on holiday doesn't come close to the inconvenience of experiencing failure of your HIV medications. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Risks
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.