Combivir vs Truvada

My apologies to bug you again but you say that my numbers are on track:) Do you think my regime is the best possible, in your opinion, or would you have started with something else? It seems from other post this Truvada seems better? I don't go back until October...should I be looking at something else? I am responding and I realize it can be slow to recover due to the damage that had happened but I just want to ensure I am on the best possible regime? I follow it well and as stated before I do not use drugs and am in a stable relationship etc. etc. Your opinion would be appreciated:) Thanks Again and I promise not to post until I get my results just for an update:) Canuck

From your previous post - you are on Combivir and Sustiva and responding quite well to this regimen. If you have had no side effects, then nothing needs to be changed. Although it is true that Truvada outperformed Combivir in a recent head to head study it was fewer side effects in the Truvada arm appeared to make the difference. Overall, Combivir did very well. So for someone on Combivir already with no problems, there is no compelling reason to switch. For someone about to embark on therapy the available data favors Truvada over Combivir. Hope this helps and let us know how things progress.

End of the holiday?
What should I expect?