For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Switching Medicines

I am 59 years old and have been HIV+ for 20+ years. I am currently taking Reyataz and it to have caused my stomach to swell to a very large and uncomfortable size. Should I go back to taking a medicine that does not have this side effect? Thanks Phillip

Thanks for your post, 59.

If a recent switch in medications has caused a new side effect, it's reasonable to suspect that the new med is responsible. I'd talk to your doctor about the symptoms that you're experiencing. BY

medication timing
End of the holiday?