Jul 25, 2005
I am 59 years old and have been HIV+ for 20+ years. I am currently taking Reyataz and it to have caused my stomach to swell to a very large and uncomfortable size. Should I go back to taking a medicine that does not have this side effect? Thanks Phillip
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post, 59.
If a recent switch in medications has caused a new side effect, it's reasonable to suspect that the new med is responsible. I'd talk to your doctor about the symptoms that you're experiencing. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Licking Vagina Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Nipple Biting
- Sex With Hooker Negative Elisa At 16 Weeks
- Topping Without Condom And HIV Transmission Risk
- What Is The Risk Of Sharing A Razor?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.