new HIV medicine AK602

Hello from Belgium. Dear Doctor, I am on HIV medicines and still around 450 T4 and viral load under 50. But they make me so sick (fatigue, muscle pain in my whole body) etc. They have checked everything they could check in my blood and everything is normal so it will be side effects. Now i read that there is a NEW drug called AK602 caused almost no side effects. Did you hear something from this, it was reported at the international congress on aids in Asia in Kobe last Tuesday. Thanks so much for your answer and your site is A GREAT HELP for many of my friends including myself in Europe. You can be really proud of it. Sorry for my mistakes in English. Friendly greetings.

Hello and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing side effects from your cocktail. Before I discuss AK602, it is important to mention that there are many available antiretroviral medications that may be substituted for someone with medication-related side effects. You should discuss this with your doctor and see if there are other options. You can also post with details of your present regimen and perhaps we can add our ideas.

AK602 is a CCR5 inhibitor in very early stage development. There was a study presented at the 2004 Retrovirus conference that showed this molecule blocked CCR5 differently than other CCR5 inhibitors. Like any other agent in early stage development there are many hurdles to overcome to see if it will ever become a viable medication, time will tell.

a bit confused
dementia