newly converted freaked out

Thank you guys for being there and for the work you do.

I was exposed April 1, no joke, and started experiencing seroconversion illness April, 13 tested positve May 22. Mild seroconversion illness. Feeling much better now.

Labs June 1, VL>500,000 CD4 500 26%.

I am a 46 year old male seriously considering a hit early hit hard clinical trial, at clinic in London, UK. My contribution to science.

In your opinion, is this a gamble worth taking? Should I wait until I see how my immune system will deal with HIV before I make the decision? Is age a factor here? This is probably a hard question for you to answer, would I get better treatment/care in the US? I am American and can move back, but not sure if that is best. Does it matter?

I am freaking out a bit really need some guidance here.

God bless you guys!

Thanks, Larry

Hi and thanks for posting. By this time you have almost certainly made your decision whether or not to participate in the trial. With any study, the devil is in the details. Without knowing the specific design of the study it is hard to know what (belated) advice to give. Since we don't know if prompt administration of HAART is necessary for primary HIV infection, we need randomized and controlled trials to answer this question. No need to go to the U.S. for treatment in this situation although trials of primary HIV infection are underway here as well. Best of luck and let us know what you decided and how things turn out.

Viral Load Low Enough?
Norvir storage