is my treatment working?

I am almost at the 6 month mark of starting treatment of Sustive/Truvada with NO MISSED DOSES. results seem to be fluctuating. Tcels have climbed from 294 to 799, BUT

At 4 wks VL of 220. At 12 wks VL of 83. At 15 wks - undetec !! At 18 wks - undetec !! At 20 wks - VL of 280

Am I within current guidelines of VL under 400 copes VL by 6 mos ?

should I watch & wait til the 48 week mark and hope for <50 ?

Thanks for your post.

First off, congratulations on the adherence... these facts point to excellent long-term potency and durability of your treatments.

You've had an absolutely outstanding CD4 cell response in a very brief period; your viral load also reached undetectable very quickly. The single viral load increase (to 280) is probably what we'd call a "blip"-- meaning that it will likely return to undetectable at the next check. I'd want to know if you had a cold or sinus infection, perhaps a herpes flair in the days prior to your week 20 lab work; these minor things can often be associated with low level (and generally speaking, insignificant) viral loads.

So, in brief, if you were my patient, I'd not worry. Continue to take your medications with the excellent adherence that you've already done; I probably wouldn't wait until week 48 to have another viral load test (whether or not you've had a blip)-- I'd usually check things at months 1,3,6,9 and 12.

Good luck, thanks for writing. BY

question of treatment
Eye contact with semen