Newly started on medication

I was infected beginning of november and now I am starting treatment. I've never had good result (If i may say so !) Now CD4 are at 160 (lowest drop was 130) and v/l at 475 000 (never went lower than 300 000). I am starting today Sustiva +Combivir. Is it the best combination I should be given considering my condition? Is it too late to switch to other med ? What do you recommend ?

The best initial therapeutic regimen is open to debate, but right now the available data suggests that Truvada is more effective than Combivir. For those who are on Combivir and doing well there is no reason to rush for the exits since this agent has been in use for years and is quite effective. By the time you read this reply to your post you will have at least several weeks of medications under your belt if there are no problems, there is no reason to change. But if you are experiencing side effects you could switch mid-stream and this would likely be an effective strategy. Thanks for posting and let us all know how things turn out.

invitro and hepatitis c
sustiva/truvada