Jul 6, 2005
thanks for all the support. I have been positive for 5 years. I am not on any medicine. My numbers average about 600 tcells and 10,000 VL. I have noticed that I have become very sensitive to spicy foods. Should I be concerned? Is this HIV related?
Response from Dr. Wohl
Hard to ascribe this to the virus. I would not be concerned, unless you live in Mexico or the Szechuan province of China.
This may be a sign of budding gastritis. See if some antacids before hand help out.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv And Std Risks From A Lap Dance
- Does Hiv Survive In The Open Environment?
- How Easily Is Hiv Spread?
- Must Hiv Enter A Person's Bloodstream In Order To Infect The Person
- Can I Be Exposed To Hiv And Test Negative For Two Years Then Test Positive?
- Are Hiv Symptoms Constant Or Off And On?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.