New to HIV

I knew about my status 3 months ago and didn't do anything not test anything. and i got a flu frequintly and what shall i do?

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about your HIV diagnosis.

The very first thing that you should do is to identify (and see) a HIV specialist healthcare provider in your city. There, you will receive a variety of initial evaluations of your health, including an assessement of your medical history, physical examination and laboratory examination. The later will undoubtedly among other things, include checking your immune health (CD4 cell level), HIV viral load (and probably a resistance test, to look for viral drug resistance).

As for your frequent "flu", I'd discuss this with your new doctor. Flus are not uncommon in the general population, though it's possible that this is a sign of immune deficiency.

Finding a HIV specialist can be aided by talking to local AIDS service organizations, peer groups or by checking the American Academy of HIV Medicine's website (aahivm.org).

Good luck, BY

is this common?
ANy generic medicines coming out soon??