changing drug regimen

I will be changing my whole drug regimen. I currently take bactrim, reyataz/norvir and trizivir. I will be changing these drugs for bactrim, sustiva and truvada.

My question is on the day I make the change how should I go about taking the old and new meds in order to make a smooth transition between old and new drugs to prevent any resistance from occurring.

I am not resistant to any of the drugs I am giving up -- I am changing to sustiva/truvada in attempt to get to undectable.

My plan was to make the switch on a Monday by taking thereyataz/norvir/trizivir/bactrim in the morning and 12 hours later take the reyataz/norvir/trizivir again and then take the bactrim/sustiva/truvada at 10pm (same day) or 1 hour before bedtime to start the new regimen.

I want to be able to take the Sustiva/truvada/bactrim all at once before going to bed.

Is this the correct way of doing this transition?

If this is not the correct way to handle the transition please state the appropriate dosage over the course of this day.

Thanks.

I would just take the Novir/Reyataz+Trizivir in the morning (say around 8 or 9 am). Then 12 hours later take the Sustiva+Truvada.

You should be fine.

self medicate
Thank you....