Reyataz+Videx ??

Help me ! I am very confused. Live in a small city and can`t discuss this whit anyone. My CD4 is 320 and my viralload is 1 500 000 ! I have been told to start whit Reyataz, Novir, Videx, and Epivir. Once a day. But I shall take Reyataz whit food and I shall take Videx whitout food (no food +/- 2 hour) Is this rigt combination ? I havde had hiv since 2002. Thanks !! John

John- Thank you for your post.

You're correct in that Reyataz must be taken with food, Videx cannot be taken with food.

Because of this, I'm not sure that this combination offers the most convenient dosing-- while each drug is dosed once-daily, the dietary restrictions mean that you must take drug twice a day.

If a truly once-daily regimen is required, then I'd either be looking to switch the Reyataz to Lexiva (the only PI that doesn't have a diet restriction), or switch from Videx to another once-daily nuke that does not have a diet restriction, such as tenofovir (Viread, part of Truvada) or abacavir (Ziagen, or part of Epzicom).

In the meanwhile, yes, space your medication dosings apart because of the dietary restrictions; talk to your doctor about your needs and thoughts.

Good luck, BY

sustiva/nevirapene switch - can i try again?
avian flu