Viral load / CD4

I recently tested positive with probable infection in the last 6 months to 1 year. I had my first labs done and was at 330 cd4 and viral load >100,000. My doc recommended starting meds. However, I just got results from labs taken 1 week later and had cd4 of 410 and vl of 74,000. Should I start meds now or wait for another test in a few weeks. All other labs came back in the normal range.

The decision to start therapy is an important one and should be carefully considered. Your numbers are on the borderline of where treatment is typically offered. Since the numbers are on the fence, it really depends on you. If you are doubtful about taking medications or feel that you will not be able to adhere to therapy, then you should not start at this time. On the other hand, if you inclined to start sooner, then beginning now would be fine. Here are the DHHS guidelines that speak to this issue. Hope that this helps and I wish the best of luck to you. Let us know what happens over time.

Some concerns regarding rapid progression to aids
Switch to TRUVADA?