Some concerns regarding rapid progression to aids

I'm sorry if I placed this in the wrong category, but I couldn't seem to find one that would fit my Q's.

1) How rare is a fast progression in HIV+ individuals?

2) If you experience ARS 3-4 days after infection and ARS symptoms last for only 5-6 days is that an indicator fast progression?

3) Are there many cases of fast progression to AIDS in under a year?

4) Can lypodystrophy occur in 3-6 months after initial infection in those not on HAART?

5) Is HAART less effective on those with fast progression?

I apologize for the many questions and thank you for your time! What you all are doing is wonderful!

Although there is no clearly defined time line on rapid progression of HIV to AIDS, for the sake of discussion we can use one year. This is indeed a rare phenomenon, probably less than 2% of those infected with HIV will progress this fast. The development of lipodystrophy within 6 months of acute infection would be very unlikely. There is no evidence that I am aware of that links the onset or duration of acute symptoms predicts rapid progression. The good news is that HAART is quite effective for those with rapid progression. Hope that this helps and thanks for posting.

Planning
Viral load / CD4