|viramune 2 times or 2 @once
Jun 30, 2005
I went to see my physican yesterday and he changed my meds from trizivir with viramune to epzicom with viramune to avoid mitochondrion toxicity by removing the AZT. He also said that I could take the 2 viramune tablets once a day with the epzicom vs. 1 pill twice a day. Is the viramune as useful with the combined dosage as it is when the dosage is split? Thanks
| Response from Dr. Pierone
Hello and thanks for posting. Although Viramune is not FDA approved for once daily use, the pharmacokinetics (blood levels after dosing) of this agent support once daily dosing and this is how I typically prescribe it.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sinus Infection After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Does Penicillin Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.