Sick on meds

I am newly diagnosed HIV+, virla load 101,000, 220 CD4 cells...started combivir and sustiva one month ago. I have been nauseated, exhausted, fatigued to the point of lying in bed 10-12 hours a day. I normally bench press 410, arm curl 180 etc and can barely hold my arms up. Is it time to stop combivir and begin truvada? Will truvada cause the fat problems? Am traumatized now at the thought of taking any hiv meds! I live in a rural area; my doc is not real up to date...what do you recommend? I am sensitive to ALL classes of hiv drugs; my hiv strains has NO resistance... thanks. sick of meds

It is a shame you have had such a tough month. I would get blood work done to make sure you are not becoming anemic. Anemia can develop on AZT, as you know. Also, Sustiva can play some funky tricks. If all your blood work checks out okay and you still are feeling poorly in a couple of weeks, I would switch.

Truvada+Sustiva would be very reasonable.

Zerit XR and lipoatrophy risk
med or no med