How soon should I expect side effects?

Hi! I started taking pills yesterday at night, this is my first time on treatment and I'm taking Kaletra (3 pills, twice/day) and Combivir (1 pill twice/day). My questions are:

1. I took my pills yesternight, and though I've heard they have some nasty side effects sometimes, I didn't feel anything (nausea or vomiting or headaches, etc...) in fact I didn't feel NOTHING AT ALL! Even this morning when I woke up, everything was right, and It's been 3 and a half hours since my last dose and still everything's fine. So, when should I expect to start feeling those "usual" side effects? Is it normal to feel nothing until now?

2. I'm going back to swiming, because I love this exercise and because I know it's good for health. But, I'm VERY concerned about lipodistrophy and things like that. My tryglicerides are low (98 in a max of 200) and I try eating good food, so, Should I expect lipodistrophy problems? What should be the results (aprox.) in a few years if I continue exercising three times a week and keeping an eye on my food?

I'd really thank your help!

You certainly have had an auspicious start to therapy with no side effects with the first doses of medications. One of the first goals of therapy is a lack of immediate side effects. Long-term side effects with this regimen include lipodystrophy and lipid increases. We are not able to predict who will and will not develop these metabolic and body composition changes. If these side effects do occur, these changes develop gradually so this offers an opportunity for a change in regimen. Staying on a sensible diet and exercising can partially reverse established lipodystrophy so it is logical to assume that it should help prevent it as well. Good luck and give us an update at some point.

If it ain't broke...
888 CD4 Count/VL 100,000