Taking multiple dosages of Sustiva for a buzz

I was wondering if you have ever had any patients or heard of any patients who have taken more than one dosage of Sustiva at a time to reach a buzz. I have had reports of indivduals doing so, but none of my clients have admitted to the chosen dosage. If you have heard of this, what are the possible health complications or concerns?

Thanks for your post.

Since efavirenz (Sustiva, Stocrin) can cause neuropsychiatric side effects, it's not too surprising that enterprising recreational drug users might want to experiment with "over" dosing for the buzz. I have heard of this habit, but I'm not a big fan of patients recreationally using HIV medications because of the risk of generating drug resistance (from missed doses). I'm not aware of any significant toxicities from such dosing, though. BY

Meds Combo
HIV/AIDS Co-ordinator