HIV meds and possible sun reaction?

I've been taking Sustiva and Combivir for nine months with few problems, the whole time VL undetec. CD4 275-300, percent from 12% to 14%, lipid profile normal, testosterone normal,. My problem is how I feel, pretty well in the morning when I wake up and okay during the early day but as soon as the sun is shinning bright I get very sick feeling. All afternoon and into the early evening I feel almost like I have flu, achy joints shoulders and arms, discomfort in the upper chest when breathing, and I feel as though I have a fever yet I never do. In fact my temperature generally runs one to two degrees below normal during the time that I feel sickly. I also get very fatigued during these sunny afternoon hours. I just feel sick all afternoon and evening. A couple hours after the sun goes down I'm feeling better again. Is there a known reaction between Sustiva or Combivir and the Sun that would make me feel sick every day?(I have no rashes)I can't find any info on such a reaction but maybe you guys know something I don't. Thanks so much for your help. I'll be living in a dark room until I can get it figured out.

I am not sure what role the sun is playing, but it is a good bet that you are suffering medication-related toxicity. The most likely culprit is the AZT contained in Combivir. You might discuss changing the Combivir to either Epzicom (Ziagen + Epivir) or Truvada (Viread + Emtriva). If it is the medication making you sick you should notice rapid improvement after the switch. Good luck and thanks for posting.

which combination is more understanding with adherance?
Early Diagnosis and Treatment