|rate of viral load progression
Jun 21, 2005
I believe I was exposed well over a year ago to HIV. I tested postive in March of 2005. My viral load is currently 81. How fast can I expect my viral load number to climb?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
Your situation is very unusual, but not unprecedented. A small percentage of people infected with HIV infection are able to control viral replication to such an extent that the viral load is at the cusp of detection. In a situation like this the viral load often stays extremely low for many years. Thanks for posting and best of luck to you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Scrotum A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Sore On Tongue An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.