rate of viral load progression
Jun 21, 2005
I believe I was exposed well over a year ago to HIV. I tested postive in March of 2005. My viral load is currently 81. How fast can I expect my viral load number to climb?
Response from Dr. Pierone
Your situation is very unusual, but not unprecedented. A small percentage of people infected with HIV infection are able to control viral replication to such an extent that the viral load is at the cusp of detection. In a situation like this the viral load often stays extremely low for many years. Thanks for posting and best of luck to you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- Does Doxycycline Cure Gonorrhea And Chlamydia?
- Tingling Sensation Penis Sexually Transmitted Disease
- After Using Pep Is A Three Month Window Period Accurate
- Can PCR Test Result Show False Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.