Medicine combinations

I'm a 24 year old male and very recently tested positive for HIV. I have a CD4 count of 260, and I was wondering what medicine combinations would you recommend to begin treatment? There are so many out now that I just dont know where to even begin to shoose my regimen.

This is why you need the advice of a good HIV clinician. There is no one-size-fits-all HIV regimen. An experienced health care provider can assess the many factors that need to be considered when crafting HIV treatment including your general health, lifestyle, work schedule, tolerance and risk for particular side effects, other medications as well as the availability of HIV medications where you live.

There are many potential combinations. The US Public Health Service publishs guidelines for physicians that list prefered and alternative regimens. Check them out:

http://www.aidsinfo.nih.gov/guidelines/default_db2.asp?id=50

They are technical but look them over and you can get a sense, especially from the tables at the end, what are recommended combinations.

hiv test
Back on Meds - SMART study.