Viramune No. Sustiva Yes?

3 year ago I took Viramune for a week. This produced me high fever so I took a lot of Tylenol at the same time. All this produced me Chemical Hepatitis. After this I took a med vacation for 3 years. Now I have to come back to med again. Can I take Sustiva? Thank you, Al

Hi and thanks for posting. You could take Sustiva if necessary. Viramune is also a NNRTI, but more likely to produce rash and hepatitis. Since you had rash and fever related to Viramune you would have a greater chance of experiencing the same problem with Sustiva (but the overall risk should be low). My first choice in a situation like yours would be to choose a protease inhibitor as the linchpin agent. The newer PIs (Reyataz, Lexiva) are much better than the older ones and it makes the decision to go to this class much easier.

one more MRSA question
HIV Without Medication