reyataz and food

How important is it to take reyataz with food? Does it significantly increase the medicine's efficacy? If some mornings I don't really feel like eating is it detrimental to take the meds on its own? I haven't had a change in appetite and am not losing weight, I've just never been big on breakfast.(I'm on reyataz, novir and truvada). THanks for you help.

Thanks for your post.

Yes, it is quite important to take atazanavir (Reyataz) with food. This medication requires an acid environment in the stomach in order to be absorbed, so taking it on an empty stomach will result in less drug in your system.

You could consider taking your medications at an alternative time of the day (around lunch or dinner)--

If this is a considerable problem for you, talk you your doctor about strategies.

Good luck, thanks for writing. BY

Epzicom
Advise re GGT at 49 - aged 58