Epzicom

i am on ziagen and epivir the past year, i wonder why my dr will not switch me to Epzicom. Any risks in taking this combination in a single dose. My CD 4 is 180 and VL undetected for a year and a half. CD4 is slow but sure and i am optimistic. it has tripled in a year and a half. should i pursue Epzicom ? it would save me $$. thanks

Thanks for your post.

Epzicom is the same as full dose Ziagen (abacavir) and Epivir (3TC). The advantages are 1 less pill, 1 less copayment and if you're not already doing it, Epzicom can be taken once a day.

Since it's the same as the two medications you're currently taking, I can see no reason why you couldn't switch to the newer medication. BY

Drugs that cross the blood-brain barrier
reyataz and food