Jun 16, 2005
i am on ziagen and epivir the past year, i wonder why my dr will not switch me to Epzicom. Any risks in taking this combination in a single dose. My CD 4 is 180 and VL undetected for a year and a half. CD4 is slow but sure and i am optimistic. it has tripled in a year and a half. should i pursue Epzicom ? it would save me $$. thanks
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Since it's the same as the two medications you're currently taking, I can see no reason why you couldn't switch to the newer medication. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Still Have Children If You're Hiv Positive?
- Are Swelling Of The Feet And Ankles Symptoms Of Neuropathy?
- If You Swallow The Semen Of Hiv Infected Person Can You Get Hiv?
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- How Much Does Hep B Treatment Cost?
- When You Get Herpes Does It Show Right Away?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.