Is Asacol a good medicine for Crohn's dsease? & for how long

I was just diagnosed with crohn's disease about 3 weeks ago. this was diagnosed by a colonoscopy. i have yet to see the GI Dr. he called me with the results and and told me to follow a low residue diet. I am still having flare ups, so my primary MD put me on ASACOL tid. and refered me to another GI Dr. Is this medicine safe to take? and for how long? also, during all this testing they found a cyst on my right ovary and the right side of my thryoid is enlarged(this was determined through an ultrasound) also my MCV is Low and my RDW is high, can there be something more serious going on? I feel like im not getting any help from anyone. please help me.

Are you HIV+ or is this a wayward post from inflammatorybowel.com? If so, please share your CD4 cell count.

Question on generic drugs in the USA
Afraid of Protease