Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Is Asacol a good medicine for Crohn's dsease? & for how long
Jun 15, 2005

I was just diagnosed with crohn's disease about 3 weeks ago. this was diagnosed by a colonoscopy. i have yet to see the GI Dr. he called me with the results and and told me to follow a low residue diet. I am still having flare ups, so my primary MD put me on ASACOL tid. and refered me to another GI Dr. Is this medicine safe to take? and for how long? also, during all this testing they found a cyst on my right ovary and the right side of my thryoid is enlarged(this was determined through an ultrasound) also my MCV is Low and my RDW is high, can there be something more serious going on? I feel like im not getting any help from anyone. please help me.

Response from Dr. Wohl

Are you HIV+ or is this a wayward post from inflammatorybowel.com? If so, please share your CD4 cell count.

DW

Previous
Question on generic drugs in the USA
Next
Afraid of Protease

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.