For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Question on generic drugs in the USA

I just had a prescription for videx ec filled and was very surprised to find that my prescription was filled with a generic drug (didasone). I did question it and the pharmacist pointed out to me that on the rx bottle it is stated that it is a generic drug for hiv. I brought it to the attention of an hiv group that I attend and everyone is preplexed because we all thought that generic hiv meds were not being dispensed in New York. Do you know of other HIV generics that are being dispensed in New York or the United States?

It is so. Generic HIV medications are here. Check out

AZT (zidovudine, Retrovir) is next.

HIV meds and possible sun reaction?
Is Asacol a good medicine for Crohn's dsease? & for how long